Birthday blues

My daughter Ashleigh turned 18 this past weekend and it was just one long party. Breakfast at Commonground with her bestie Shriya then later drinks at La Med, onto Stones and eventually collected the birthday girl at around 2am on Saturday morning.I would much rather fetch and carry my kids so that I know where they are. Whle I am still able to, its important for me to know where they are and who they are with. Ashleigh is very responsible and has never had a drink before, however on Friday evening had 3 different cocktails and had that glazed donut look in her eyes whilst we were still at La Med. She never had anything else to drink after that, THANK YOU LORD. Driving home that evening or morning she mentioned the magic words. CLUBBING IS NO FOR ME. Music to my ears.  The fact that drinking is also expensive also accounts for much of the decision. I pesonally would like to believe that she went out purely because as an 18 year old she is now allowed to do that, its not her though and does not suit her character.

The rest of the weekend was one party after the other, between her, Jesse and Debbie I had covered over 300km woth of driving on Saturday alone. Dads taxi was well and truly operating.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

London is calling - And we're Off

My kids my adults - Part Ashleigh